Copy Editor Job Description (Part-Time)
Founded in 2011, BAAB Writing and Marketing Services LLC is a marketing communications and copywriting firm specifically supporting service providers, creatives, freelancers, coaches, tech/software companies and professional services firms who are seeking clear, compelling personality-infused marketing messages that persuade audiences to smack the buy button®️.
In 2018, we launched a new business segment called Word Stylistz, the world’s first female-owned, flat-rate online sales writing platform.
Our clients have generated tens of millions of dollars from the messages we’ve written, all while securing the freedom to make money and serve their audiences without sacrificing their sanity, sleep or sacred family time.
We work with seasoned service-based entrepreneurs and marketing executives for multibillion-dollar companies who understand the power of words and how great messaging can positively affect a company’s bottom line. Our sweet spot is crafting marketing communications and sales copy tailored to the specific needs of businesses that serve diverse, multicultural audiences.
Our clients are action takers, leaders, visionaries and CEOs who want to take their businesses/employers’ companies to the next level without sacrificing themselves or their families to do it. We’re a team of high-energy, smart creatives who value each other’s opinions, genius and bold ideas.
We are seeking a motivated, savvy and detail-oriented copy editor to meet our copy editing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with a team of writers and other editors to curate compelling and accurate content for our agency. Your primary duties will include refining, modifying, proofreading and otherwise making our writers’ content sing and collaborating with team members to ensure quality projects are delivered on time.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. You will be extremely meticulous in identifying and correcting errors in punctuation, spelling, grammar and overall content flow. Also, you will have an in-depth understanding of how to rely on “credible resources” to confirm and validate the accuracy of facts, such as dates, names, statistics.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Communicate and work with operations team to ensure that content is delivered in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content
- Ensure that content adheres to the in-house style guide
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines and refine writers’ content as needed
- Compile and update style guides as required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Stay abreast of the latest copywriting trends and content best practice
- Knowledge of SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting and/or editing preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Leadership and time management skills
- Available to edit projects ~10 hours per week
- Proficiency with Google Docs, online project management software and Microsoft Office
How to Apply: